Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Current political agreement: A play of words!


I have just read that so-called government of Nepal and the six political parties agreed on the consensus. I picked out one point from their agreement and commented on the language of it. This is one of the major points of the agreement. Please read my feelings and comment me.

It is certainly a good news for all of us. But this is not all. You can see the language of the agreement, it is just a ‘play of words’. Such decision should be in very simple and day to day language, so that it will not create any misunderstanding later on. For the time being, this news looks great! But there is still political flavor in this agreement. Let me comment on this line:

‘मधेसी जनतालगायत आदिवासी जनजाति र पिछडिएका तथा अन्य क्षेत्रका जनताको स्वायत्त प्रदेशको चाहनालाई स्वीकार गरी नेपाल संघीय लोकतान्त्रिक गणतान्त्रिक राज्य हुनेछ’

Actually, it would have been very clear, if it was like–

’सम्पूर्ण नेपाली जनताको स्वायत्त प्रदेशको चाहनालाई स्वीकार गरी नेपाल संघीय लोकतान्त्रिक गणतान्त्रिक राज्य हुनेछ’
This agreement is clever enough to attract the sentiment of Madhesi people for the time being. Madhesi people think that ok there is the word ‘Madhesi’, it means, the government has realized our demand of Madhes provnince. They will certainly interpret it in some other way round, which is still possible analysis of these lines. So such misunderstanding creates problems while drafting constitution.

Such types of writings are examples of ‘play of words’, which ultimately creates problem!

thanks

Hope there will be no problem while drafting constitution!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice views of yours i liked it i'm agree with you.

Anonymous said...

Nice article as for me. I'd like to read more about that matter.
BTW check the design I've made myself Companionship in London

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read the post. Thank author for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more soon.

Anonymous said...

Rather nice place you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. BTW, why don't you change design :).

Anonymous said...

hello fellas. I'm really into shoes and I have been looking for the sake of that singular brand. The prices due to the fact that the boots are approximately 240 pounds everwhere. But for all I bring about this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hi there ppl. I'm really into shoes and I was searching for that meticulous model. The prices seeking the velcros were approximately 350 dollars everwhere. But definitively I set this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good evening dudes. I'm honestly into shoes and I was digging allowing for regarding that meticulous model. The prices as regards the sneakers were about 200 pounds on every page. But definitively I set this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good evening people. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging for that singular brand. The prices seeking the boots are around 340 bucks on every site. But completely I set this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what can you tell me about these?